How To: Save Your Mac With SMC Reset
There may come a time where your Macbook starts underperforming or shut down even.
There is no other way to perform a small reset on Apple’s Mac’s except one:
The SMC Reset.
The SMC Reset
The SMC Reset is a powerful way of jump-starting your Macbook. It is performed in a simple manner. However, if your battery is completely dead or there is some power supply issue, SMC Reset will not work.
In order to perform an SMC Reset, do the following:
- Shutdown your Mac
- Connect the power adapter to your Macbook
- Press and hold down the Shift + Control + Option keys and the Power Button
- Once you hold these four together, release them after 4-5 seconds.
- After releasing the buttons, you will see that the light on your charger has turned from Green to Orange, which will show that the SMC reset has been successful.
When To Perform SMC Reset?
An SMC Reset works to resolve power/hardware issues in Macbook. It is usually performed when other techniques are unresponsive. In case where your Mac has stopped responding to other troubleshooting techniques, the SMC reset will again be useful.
Most common times when an SMC reset is performed on a Mac are:
- Mac cooling fans issue
- Mac fan management problem
- Power management problem
- Battery problems
- Light problems
- External displays don’t work
- Videos don’t work
- functionality issues
- General performance issues
An SMC reset for a Mac is very easy to perform. If you don’t think that the above instructions were helpful, use this video as an assist as it will definitely help you pull an SMC reset.
SMC Reset is an easy way to jumpstart your Macbook and solve problems related to it. Rather than taking your Macbook to a technician, it is a better way to resolve your problems.
Try the SMC Reset today to solve troubleshooting problems in your Mac.